Today’s bourbon cocktail recipe is brought to you by a guest contributor, the Resident Bartender of this humble house — my husband.
He’s a bourbon guy. He can appreciate all the different kinds of bourbon, and can sip it straight, and can actually tell the difference between brands and the way their made and…other bourbon stuff. Me? I think it tastes like shoes.
This cocktail tastes like fall. I can at least decipher the woodsy taste of the bourbon, mixed with some hard cider. Like it was made by tree elves.
You make this drink in a mason jar…have you noticed The Mason Jar is now equally beloved by suburban moms making cookie-in-a-jar gifts and people who make moonshine in their own bathtubs? I’d like to think this drink appeals to both.
- 2 shots (3 oz) of bourbon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 bottle hard cider, like Angry Orchard Green Apple
- Pour bourbon and honey into a mason jar.
- Screw the lid on tight and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed.
- Fill an Old Fashioned, or lowball, glass with ice. Add bourbon-honey mixture. Top with hard cider and serve.
For more tasty fall drinks, try one of these:
Thank you for visiting Peace but Not Quiet! Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and get a free printable — 25 Ways to Play Outdoors With Your Kids.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.