This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I love getting outdoors this time of year! The leaves are starting to turn, and the air is crisp and a little chilly. The kids are in school all week, so when we can go for a hike or a stroll and look at the changing scenery around Colorado, it’s always a wonderful break.
I like to keep all our hiking gear in one spot, so it’s ready to go when we get a chance to head out. Here’s what I usually include:
- Sturdy shoes – hiking shoes in the fall, winter, and spring and water shoes like Keens or Tevas in the summer.
- Water – LOTS of water! More than you might think…I always bring a 32-oz bottle for me and at least 16-oz for the kids
- Snacks – snacks that are easily packable are important! We like Harvest Snaps Veggie Crisps, granola bars, and dried fruit
- Sunscreen – I use sunscreen sticks for faces and noses to avoid it getting in kids’ eyes, and lotion for their bodies
- Sunhat and sunglasses – knit hats in winter and wide-brimmed sunhats in summer
- Nature journals and colored pencils – we like to draw or write on our adventures, and colored pencils and a sharpener work better than crayons because they don’t melt!
- First aid kit and bug spray – just a small kit with bandages and wipes in case anyone gets hurt
- Sweatshirts/jackets/gloves – I leave these in the car year-round. Here in Colorado, you never know when you’ll need warm gloves and layers.
Our favorite part is, of course, the snacks. What’s the fun of a hike without good snacks? I’ve brought Harvest Snaps Veggie Crisps along on several hikes, and the kids always love having them when we stop for a break. They’re great for on-the-go…I not only bring them along hiking, but I toss them in the car for days when I have to ferry people to piano or sports or band practice or wherever they’re going.
We just tried out their two new flavors – Parmesan Roasted Garlic and White Cheddar – and they’re both a hit with all of us! I like that they’re made with high-quality ingredients, no artificial flavors or colors, and that vegetables are always the first ingredient. In fact, you find them in the produce section at stores like Safeway, rather than in the snack aisle.
And everyone in our family likes the feel and crunch of the snacks. They make a great anytime snack for days we spend outdoors, or for packing in lunches, or for all the running around we do. Make sure to look for them in the produce section at your local Safeway store and check for the new Parmesan Garlic and White Cheddar flavors. To learn more about Harvest Snaps, visit us at https://harvestsnaps.com or look for us on social media. #harvestsnapsveggiecrisps and #harvestsnapsgoodness
Do you have ideas for getting out and about during the fall?