It’s no secret we’re prone to mixing our cocktails in mason jars around here. So you’re not really surprised, are you, that we’re the kind of classy people who make martinis this way? No. You are not.
This is one of those super simple bourbon cocktails — not one of those fruity, vacationy, frothy drinks with an umbrella and stuff. Just bourbon, juice, and a little agave. Perfect for lounging in the backyard before dinner. Or you could make up a pitcher of them for a party.
Also? That’s my favorite martini glass. You can’t really tell here because it’s filled with drink, but it’s etched with flowers and it’s all girly and pretty and I got it for less than $1 at a thrift store. My book club was coming over and for $10, I got myself a bunch of beautiful, charmingly mismatched martini glasses so I could serve drinks all fancy-like. Best place in the world for barware, the thrift store! Especially if you’re prone to breaking glasses like
I am my kids do around here.
- 100 ml ruby red grapefruit juice
- 100 ml bourbon
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- Measure 100 ml grapefruit juice into a mason jar.
- Add 100 ml bourbon and 1 tsp agave syrup.
- Fill the rest of the jar with ice.
- Screw the lid on the mason jar, shake vigorously.
- Pour into martini glass, straining out ice, and serve.
For more cocktail ideas, check out my Pinterest board: