I’m so excited that it’s finally getting nice out here. We love to grill, and there’s nothing better than sitting outside at the table, having a nice, leisurely dinner, and relaxing while the kids tear apart the backyard afterward.
Actually, we love a good grilled meal year-round, and my husband has been known to fire up the coals in the middle of a snowstorm once or twice. But we especially like a nice barbeque on a warm summer night, when we can all gather outside and eat and enjoy being outdoors.
The following is one of our favorite grilled chicken recipes — it’s just delicious. The key is to marinate it overnight to get it nice and juicy because chicken breasts can tend to be dry.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c orange juice
- 2 limes
- 3 Tb salt
- 3 Tb garlic powder
- 1 c water
- Stir orange juice, the juice from two limes, salt, garlic powder, and water until combined.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture and marinate overnight in a sealed container.
- Grill (I like the instructions for the half-grill fire here)
- Begin by grilling chicken on the cooler side of the grill for twenty minutes.
- Move to the hot side of the grill and continue cooking, flipping occasionally until both sides are nicely browned and the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I’d pair the chicken with one of these two salads, the mango lemonade, and some tasty seven layer bars for dessert!