I’m so excited that it’s finally getting nice out here. We love to grill, and there’s nothing better than sitting outside at the table, having a nice, leisurely dinner, and relaxing while the kids tear apart the backyard afterward.
Actually, we love a good grilled meal year-round, and my husband has been known to fire up the coals in the middle of a snowstorm once or twice. But we especially like a nice barbeque on a warm summer night, when we can all gather outside and eat and enjoy being outdoors.
The following is one of our favorite grilled chicken recipes — it’s just delicious. The key is to marinate it overnight to get it nice and juicy because chicken breasts can tend to be dry.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c orange juice
- 2 limes
- 3 Tb salt
- 3 Tb garlic powder
- 1 c water
- Stir orange juice, the juice from two limes, salt, garlic powder, and water until combined.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture and marinate overnight in a sealed container.
- Grill (I like the instructions for the half-grill fire here)
- Begin by grilling chicken on the cooler side of the grill for twenty minutes.
- Move to the hot side of the grill and continue cooking, flipping occasionally until both sides are nicely browned and the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I’d pair the chicken with one of these two salads, the mango lemonade, and some tasty seven layer bars for dessert!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.