We’re milkshake maniacs around here. We do plenty of healthy smoothies for snacks and breakfast, but let’s face it. Summer deserves some bona fide, ice-creamy milkshakes. We’ve even been known to make them for birthdays (my husband’s not much of a cake guy).
My kids love making milkshakes (and messes) so much that my brother and sister-in-law actually bought us a milkshake maker one summer. All it does is make shakes. Beautiful.
So we’ve tried out every milkshake recipe and flavor combination we can think of…I never thought I’d say this, but you can only have Cookies & Cream so many times before you feel the need to branch out a little. We don’t go crazy with, like, balsamic and strawberry shakes or anything (ooooh – though I bet that would be good), but we do like to experiment a little with what we have in our cupboards.
Nutella. We always have nutella in our cupboard. So naturally we had to make a shake with it. We threw in some banana because
- it sounded like a good idea
- it’s banana, so we can defend this as healthy?
So these are deliciously creamy, chocolatey shakes. Almost like a banana split in a glass 😋😋😋
- 2 c ice cream
- 1/2 c nutella
- 1 banana
- 1/4 c milk (whole milk is best)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (or milkshake mixer if you should be so lucky)
- Blend until smooth.
- Scoop two scoops of ice cream into a glass and pour milkshake mix over the top.
- Add some sliced bananas to the top for garnish and serve. Makes 4.
This post was written by me and originally published on the BabyCenter blog. It is republished here with permission.