We’re a special drink family.
Adults…kids…we all love celebrating events with sparkling cider or special drinks. The first snow (which we might actually be ready for…it’s been sweltering here lately) deserves some homemade hot cocoa (maybe even pumpkin spice hot chocolate? Yes. That.) So it’s no surprise that we have our fair share of cocktails and mocktails we like to have on holidays. Apple cider martinis are great — yummy fall flavors that are perfect for cool fall evenings…or Halloween parties…or Thanksgiving…or whenever else you might feel like a little cider.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tb sugar
- 3 oz. (2 shots) apple cider -- storebought or homemade
- 1.5 oz (1 shot) apple flavored vodka -- I used Seagram's apple vodka
- .75 oz (1/2 shot) triple sec
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and pour into a saucer or on another flat surface.
- Run an orange or apple slice around the rims of your glasses to wet them and dip glass rims in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice.
- Add cider, vodka, and triple sec and shake vigorously.
- Pour into prepared glass. Add cinnamon stick and serve.
- Each recipe makes one martini.