So I used to make fresh lemonade. Now that we live in Colorado, where I must pay actual money for lemons, I make the lemonade from bottled lemon juice…but I figure it’s still much better for us than the powdery stuff and takes about the same amount of time. And it’s fun to add in other fruits and herbs to spice up our drink sometimes. This sweet peach lemonade is one of my favorites.
Alhough I can’t get good lemons here, Colorado does have tasty peaches…which we used last week for the sweet peach lemonade. Because the peaches are sweet, I cut the sugar for the lemonade a little. Every time I make this, I swear I should have doubled the recipe, because it goes pretty quickly — especially when neighbor kids are running through the yard, and kids are all over the place making messes and having fun. I’m so ready for summer.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 c water
- 1 c lemon juice
- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 c ice
- Make simple syrup by combining sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Turn off heat, add 1 c lemon juice and stir.
- Pour lemonade mixture into blender. Add peaches and blend until smooth.
- Cool, add 1 cup of ice, and serve.
Thank you for visiting Peace but Not Quiet — be sure to sign up for the newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!