I know the dates vary by region, but here in Colorado this is the last week to buy Girl Scout cookies (if you want to stock up, they hold up great in the freezer. Especially the Thin Mints. Frozen Thin Mints…mmm mmm mmm.)
So — the last of the Girl Scout cookie recipes to hold us over until this time next year! I’m betting Trefoils would be awesome in regular s’mores, but if you don’t have time for a campfire, here’s an easy alternative.
- 1 box Trefoil Girl Scout Cookies
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tb butter
- marshmallow creme
- waxed paper
- Cover cookie sheet or plate with waxed paper and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a small, microwaveable bowl. Heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Spread marshmallow creme on one side of a Trefoil cookie. Add top cookie and dip halfway in chocolate mixture. Place cookie sandwiches on waxed paper and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
The chocolate mixture also works great for chocolate-dipped strawberries or dried fruit. Yum!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.