This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterTogether #CollectiveBias
We love a good grilled meal during the summer.
Actually, we love a good grilled meal year-round, and my husband has been known to fire up the coals in the middle of a snowstorm once or twice. But we especially like a nice barbeque on a warm summer night, when we can all gather outside and eat and enjoy being outdoors.
And, of course, we need dessert to go along with it.
Ice cream is, hands down, everyone’s favorite summer dessert.
We recently tried DREYER’S Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream and DREYER’S BabyRuth Ice Cream, flavors that were inspired by the candy bars. When I found them at Walmart, I noticed that DREYER’S has an entire line of new ice creams flavored with candy bars. Be still my heart.
I always check labels, and I’ve been surprised by some cartons that I assumed were ice cream. So I like that these are made with fresh milk and cream with no rBST and no artificial colors or flavors. I can pronounce all the ingredients listed on the label, which is key.
So there you have it — a tasty treat for after dinner.
The following is one of our favorite grilled chicken recipes — it’s just delicious. The key is to marinate it overnight to get it nice and juicy because chicken breasts can tend to be dry.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c orange juice
- 2 limes
- 3 Tb salt
- 3 Tb garlic powder
- 1 c water
- Stir orange juice, the juice from two limes, salt, garlic powder, and water until combined.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture and marinate overnight in a sealed container.
- Grill (I like the instructions for the half-grill fire here)
- Begin by grilling chicken on the cooler side of the grill for twenty minutes.
- Move to the hot side of the grill and continue cooking, flipping occasionally until both sides are nicely browned and the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat and serve.
For more delicious picnic ideas, try one of these:
Thank you for visiting Peace but Not Quiet! Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and get a free printable — “25 Ways to Play Outdoors With Your Kids.”
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.