All right…I’m kind of obsessed with this placket-neck sweater. I made one for each of my boys earlier this year. And now I’ve adapted it to whip up an American Girl sweater.
“Adapt” may be overstating things a bit since all I did was switch yarn and needles. I didn’t have to do any calculating or changing stitches at all. I used the smallest size on the pattern and knit it up with Dale of Norway Baby Ull yarn on #2 needles…but just about any sock yarn would work.
Of course I also changed the length of the torso and sleeves — I knit the torso for 4 inches before beginning the raglan sleeves, and I knit the sleeves 4 inches before joining them to the sweater.
My ravelry notes are here.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.